What to do with those little yellow bags from LUSH? Turn them in to plant starter pots! Note: I don’t recommend using bags that have a lot of residue in them. I used bags that held soap bars, shampoo bars, massage bars, etc. Bubbleroons and bath melts seem to leave too much soap behind.
- Save up Lush bags, or any papers that use safe dyes (most ads do NOT use safe dye).
- Cut up paper into strips or chunks. This goes faster if you have a paper shredder.
- Toss papers into a blender, turn on and add water as *needed* to blend. DO NOT add too much water; less is better.
- Squeeze out extra water from paper pulp goop.
- Press pulp into muffin tin, going up around the sides; I used silicone since it allows things to spring free better, but any kind of tin will do.
- Allow to dry overnight (you can also “bake” on a low setting like 250 for an hour or so and then let dry overnight).
- Pop your seed sprouter cups free from mold, add dirt, and plant some seeds!